Design for You Contest Terms & Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED or NECESSARY to enter or win. You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and a resident of the United States to be eligible for this sweepstakes. Employees (their families and members of their household) of Herman Miller, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and authorized dealer and retailer network are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes.
2. TO ENTER: Beginning on September 8, 2010, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and concluding on November 2, 2010, at 11:59 p.m. (ET), complete the online contest entry form to sign up for Herman Miller Lifework (Retail) e-mail subscription. Only one entry will be accepted per person. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on November 2, 2010, to be entered into the final prize drawing. The weekly drawings will take place at Herman Miller, Inc., weekly on or about Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. (ET). Entries must be made by the previous Tuesday, 11:59 pm ET to qualify for weekly tiered prize. If by the time of a prize drawing we have not reached the threshold number to unlock the corresponding prize, then that prize is not given away.Herman Miller, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any person suspected of tampering with the entry process, the operation of the application, or otherwise in violation of the rules. Use of bots, scripts, macro, or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Herman Miller, Inc. Herman Miller, Inc. further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. All entries become the property of Herman Miller, Inc. Void where prohibited by law or regulation. Herman Miller, Inc. is not responsible for any incorrect, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or other unacceptable entries or for any computer, Internet, or other technical problem during submission of an entry.
3. USE OF ENTRANT INFORMATION. By entering into the sweepstakes, you agree that Herman Miller, Inc. may use the entrant's information for general solicitation, marketing, or other promotional activities in connection with the products manufactured by Herman Miller, Inc., and the services and products provided by its authorized dealer and retailer network. You may at any time revoke the use of such information by Herman Miller, Inc., and its authorized dealer and retailer network by sending written notice to Brand Marketing Department, Attention: Dustin Ver Beek, Herman Miller, Inc., 855 East Main Avenue, PO Box 302, Zeeland, Michigan 49464.
4. RANDOM DRAWING. Tiered contest prize-winners will be selected via random drawing from all eligible entries received during the applicable sweepstakes period. Herman Miller, Inc. will send the prizes to the prize-winner's address submitted at Herman Miller, Inc.'s expense. Entrants are only eligible to win one prize.
The more people who enter, the more prizes are unlocked. Prizes may not be exactly as pictured on website (finish or fabric options may vary). If a prize tier is not met, then the prize applicable to the threshold number will not be awarded. Subsequent prizes will be award if a prize tier is met. The contest will not be extended to award all of the prizes in the event that any prize tier is not met.
Design for You Contest Prize List:
(1) Herman Miller Design coffee table book autographed by John Berry. Unlocked at 100 entries to be awarded.
(1) Eames Hang-It-All. Requires at least 250 entries to be awarded.
(1) Steve Frykholm autographed Lemonade Herman Miller picnic poster. Requires at least 500 entries to be awarded.
(1) Leaf light. Requires at least 1,000 entries to be awarded.
(1) Setu task chair (slate grey frame / Alpine Lyris). Requires at least 2,500 entries to be awarded.
(1) Eames molded plywood splint. Requires at least 5,000 entries to be awarded.
(1) Embody chair (white frame and mango textile) (IRS Form 1099 required). Requires at least 7,500 entries to be awarded.
(5) Grand prizes, hand-painted Eames Plastic Armchair with Rocker Base (IRS Form 1099 required). Requires at least 10,000 entries to be awarded.
(1) Aeron chair (IRS Form 1099 required). Prize awarded to the entrant who refers the most people to successfully enter the contest. Legitimate entries will count as a "referral". No credit will be given for invalid e-mail addresses or entries.
The prize-winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, and the reporting consequence thereof, if any. For noted prizes, the Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each recipient who receives a prize if the amount of the prize is $600 or more. Herman Miller, Inc. will send the winner a W9 form, which must be completed and returned to Herman Miller, Inc. for the winner to receive the prize. A copy of the 1099-MISC filed by Herman Miller, Inc. will be sent to the winner. The 1099-MISC will be issued for the fair market value of the prize. Any winner who fails to provide information sufficient to complete IRS Form 1099-MISC shall forfeit any and all rights to the applicable prize. If any potential winner selected cannot be contacted, or does not respond within five (5) business days, or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner shall forfeit any and all rights to a prize and, at discretion of Herman Miller, Inc., an alternate potential winner may be selected.Except where prohibited:
1. Acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winners names and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation.
2. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number). If required, affidavits and releases must be returned within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or an alternate winner may be chosen.Only online entries will be entered into the drawing. Herman Miller Inc.'s decisions in all matters relating to or arising out of the sweepstakes are final. The prize-winners will be notified by e-mail. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The prizes are not transferable.
5. AUTHORITY. By submitting an entry to this Herman Miller Inc. sweepstakes, you hereby certify that you are authorized to provide the information necessary for this entry and to receive information regarding the products of Herman Miller, Inc., and the services and products of its authorized dealer and retailer network.
6. GOVERNING LAW. This sweepstakes shall be governed by, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. By entering this sweepstakes, you agree that the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws, will govern this agreement and any dispute of any kind that arises. Any action, dispute, claim, or suit arising out of or in connection with this sweepstakes, the prizes awarded hereunder, or the information submitted shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the county of Ottawa, State of Michigan.
7. WINNERS LIST. To receive a copy of the Winners List (available after December, 1 2010), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 1, 2011 to: Brand Marketing Department, Herman Miller, Inc., Attention: Dustin Ver Beek, MS 0443, 855 East Main Avenue, PO Box 302, Zeeland, Michigan 49464. Please specify "Design for You Contest Winners List."
9. CONTENT ERRORS. Herman Miller, Inc. is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this promotion based upon such an error at their sole discretion, and without liability.