As the April showers give way to May flowers, here are six springy companions to help you hold back the rain.
1. The Classic Swedish Raincoat If there’s one thing the Swedes know, it’s inclement weather. Tested in all types of storms, even at sea, this handmade classic is perfect when the clouds burst. Made in one of Sweden’s last textile factories. There’s nothing slicker: shop.stutterheim.se
2. MoMA Sky Umbrella The 1992 MoMA classic featuring Tibor Kalman’s and Emanuela Magnusson’s fluffy, clouded skies turns 20 this year. Keep blues skies close and enjoy 20% off, too. Ceci un parapluie! store.moma.org
3. Dropit Hooks Raindrops keep hanging on your walls. From design studio Asshoff & Brogaård comes this iconic drop shaped hook in painted beech. Hang one or many; the beautifully turned wood grain garners attention. And hats and coats, too. Drop one in your basket here: shop.normann-copenhagen.com
4. Soup + Sandwich Combo Set No rainy day is complete without a grilled cheese and tomato soup (and some cornichons, if you ask us). Shake off the cold and wet with something warm and toasty on this, ahem, souper cool combo set. Dish one up at uncommongoods.com
5. Herman Miller Outdoor Move your lifework out of doors with Herman Miller’s outdoor collection. Classics like the Eames Aluminum Group and Nelson Pedestal Tables, as well as Magis Air-Chairs and Tables, are all made for sun and sky. Set yourself up: hermanmiller.com
6. Illuminated Outdoor Planters The aforementioned shower-born flowers will just glow in these planters. (No really– they’re glowing planters!) Made from 100% recyclable polyethylene and lit with efficient compact fluorescents, they’re light and they light up. From dwr.com
Photos: Linked to their sources within text