Wow – these come around fast. I feel like I put the last list together yesterday. Having said that I’ve got way more than I need for this list. But being a terribly disciplined editor I am only going to give you five!
1. A Desert Fete This funny, sparse blog always make me smile. Jamie lives in San Diego and has been blogging since mid-2008. Reminds me of life before kids and I like that. Where to start: Her post on hanging a branch above her bed made me laugh…mostly because I’ve done the same thing but it was a date palm branch.
2. Unclutterer Not to lose focus, lets get back to workspaces and our work lives. Unclutterer of the best organizer’s sites I’ve come across. Inspiring and informative without being dull and preachy. Plus it’s well designed. Look out for an interview with the editor, Erin Doland, next week. Where to start: I like the productivity posts…but that’s just me.
3. We Love Stop-Motion I know I just tried to bring the focus back but sometimes we need a break. Some might call it procrastination but a 3 minute time out is often al that’s needed to get through the next part of the day. Where to start: Please watch Her Morning Elegance. It’s lovely.
4. Design to Inspire Edited by two women who have never met but share a great eye for interiors and a passion for design. This blog never fails to offer up new and exciting work. They recently redesigned (it needed it!) and now the cleaner palette lets all those great images shine. Where to start: Try their Flickr round-up of work spaces.
5. IKEA Hacker It’s ugly ugly ugly but the amazing ingenuity of some of the hacks are amazing. There really are some very clever ideas here. Plus it has been going since 2006 which is a lifetime in the blogging world. I like that tenacity. Where to start: The pencil holder made from those lovely wooden IKEA pencils.