Where we were this week…
1. Open Culture Dan Colman trawls the internet for the best educational media and his hard work has certainly paid off. He’s created a great place to find free lectures and online course. And he’s anchored the site with an excellent blog. When he’s not online Colman is the Director & Associate Dean of Stanford’s Continuing Studies Program. Where to start: The writing studio I want.
2. Frontal Cortex Take a break from your work and dive into Jonah Lehrer’s frontal cortex. Lehrer is a contributing editor at Wired magazine and author of How We Decide. Where to start: The post on Mexican coke. I too have bought Mexican coke and swear you can tell the difference!
3. Loving. Living. Small. A blog from an LA-based design lover devoted to spaces that are less than 1000 square feet. Where to start: The Small Space Dwellers series gives lots of interiors inspiration.
4. Jason Santa Maria My obsession with type is no secret. This site showcases the work of graphic designer Jason Santa Maria. The entire site is one glorious experiment in online art direction. Where to start: A cool history of design starting in 1450 with early typographers.
5. Bobulate This happens to be one of the sites Jason Santa Maria designed. It is also the home of writer, organizer, thinker, curator and information architect Liz Danzico. Where to start: There is so much here. Start at the top and work your way down.