May 2, 2012
There’s something satisfying about creating a great music mix for a friend (or for, say, Herman Miller’s Lifework blog). But sometimes after you’ve delivered your playlist, you think of that single perfect tune that really should have made the final cut. That said, we gave a few former Playlisters the chance to add one extra song to the lists they previously compiled for our weekly column. Take a look at what they selected. All together, it makes for an inspiring workday playlist in itself. Here’s hoping it helps your day hum along.
1. Song: Iron Galaxy by Cannibal Ox | Added by: Artist & Designer Matthew Shlian
2. Song: The Once and Future Carpenter by The Avett Brothers | Added by: Artist Amy Helfand
3. Song: Shoes by Tiga | Added by: Designer & DJ Bethany Shorb
4. Song: Peng! by Iron & Wine | Added by: Freelance Writer Joelle Alcaidinho
5. Song: Back in Our Town by Ivy (with additional music & lyrics by James Iha) | Added by: Jenna Park of Whimsy & Spice
6. Song: 20 Years by The Civil Wars | Added by: Kristin Appenbrink of RealSimple.com
7. Song: Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey | Added by: Designer & Illustrator Katie Kirk
8. Song: Down in the River to Pray by Alison Krauss | Added by: Writer Elizabeth Jenkins
9. Song: Rorschach by Loscil | Added by: Janine Vangool of UPPERCASE Magazine
10. Song: Hot Summer Night by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals | Added by: Photographer Nicole Hill Gerulat
In Featured Photo: Eames Molded Plywood Lounge Chair; Eames Walnut Stool; Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman; Eames Storage Unit
Submit a Comment
We welcome your comments on this moderated blog. We invite you to participate respectfully in the conversation that interests you—on topics from design to our products to what makes the world a better place for all of us.