This week Herman Miller’s Why Design series focuses on the work of Ayse Birsel, who describes herself as a designer of life rather than products.
Life shares a harmonious balance with work in the Resolve System by Herman Miller. Designed by Birsel to unite inviting environments with efficient workspace, the Resolve System is human and living focused.
1. Bodum Bistro Drip Coffee System – The new Bistro reworks the bitter pill of the coffee world, the drip coffee maker. Heating water quickly through glass (not metal), showering the coffee for even extraction, and eschewing the hot plate for an insulated thermos, Bistro offers a superior cup of joe. Get one from Bodum.
2. Chad Hagen Prints – Turn the table on infographics and let their form and color communicate beauty before data. Chad Hagen explores this role reversal with a series of prints available from 20×200.
3. Mirra Chair, Studio 7.5 - This award-winning combination of support and flexibility uses an elastic, one-piece back to consistently accommodate your shape and movement. PostureFit supports your lower back and an AireWeave seat eases pressure and keeps you cool. Customize yours at Herman Miller.
4. White Pop Starter Desk Kit – It’s the one-stop modern solution for your desktop organizing and productivity — including two paper trays, calculator, straight-edge, scissors, and more. Keep your desk clean, and cool. Get one at Poppin.
5. Ceramic Modular Planter, Andrew and Richard Erdle – There’s nothing like a fresh breath of green to enliven any workspace. These modular, hand-cast white stoneware planters can be configured in clusters and rows to suit and style your space. Available from Uncommon Goods.
6. Everywhere Standing Height Table, Dan Grabowski – Step over to the Standing Height Table for a quick meeting with team members. Choose from white or maple surfaces for its 36″ round top, and black or metallic silver bases. For a quick sit-down, add the two-piece Magis Stool_One set. Put them together at Herman Miller.
Photos linked within text.