If the autumn leaves have fallen and the Halloween candy has dwindled, then the holiday season must be upon us. As you gear up for the imminent arrival of friends, family, and festivities, explore a a few superb seasonal-starters with these six ways to a holiday table.
1. Baguette Table, Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec - With its lithe, seemingly delicate form, the Baguette is deceptively robust, elegantly supporting your holiday dining or buffet. Inspired by the original definition of baguette – “wand” — the table’s long, slender surface sits atop cast aluminum legs with a polished or painted white or black finish. Choose from white MDF, clear or white glass, slate or quartzite table surfaces. Find your combination at Herman Miller.
2. Harry and David Royal Riviera Pears - As the foundation of the sumptuous Harry and David gift array, the Royal Riviera Pears are in a class by themselves. Sweet and succulent with a luxurious texture, the pears have become a popular holiday tradition and make the perfect addition to your table. Check out the numerous gift options, including this set, at Harry and David.
3. Tuleo Cupcake Stand, Alan Wisniewski - If you’re having visions of sugarplums (or cookies and cupcakes for that matter), bring them to your holiday table with this simple and elegant cupcake stand from Umbra. The chrome-finished, multi-tiered design will manage every manner of handheld confection – even a Riviera Pear tart – in style. Get yours at Digs.
4. Marimekko Lumimarja White + Silver Table Runner, Erja Hirvi - Evoke the holidays’ lustrous, wintery sheen with Hirvi’s iconic pattern, done in snowy white and silver. All cotton and machine washable, too. Dress your holiday table at FinnStyle.
5. Eames Molded Plywood Dining Chair with Metal Base - Charles and Ray Eames’ inimitable chair design, first debuted with Herman Miller in 1946, is a timeless tableside classic. Configured at the perfect height for dining, it’s now available with and without upholstery. Get yours for 15% off now through December 10 at Herman Miller.
6. Stelton Cylinda Tea + Coffee Service, Arne Jacobsen - Warm your guests and your table setting with this award-winning coffee and tea service design by Arne Jacobsen. Clad in stainless steel, the complete set includes tray, coffee and tea pots, and a sugar bowl and creamer. Complete your set at YLiving.
Photos linked within the text.