Celebrate our forthcoming Independence Day with a little tour of U.S.A-made items that are as all-American as apple pie, baseball, and the Aeron Chair.
1. Aeron Chair, Bill Stumpf & Don Chadwick Since its arrival in 1994, the Aeron has become the quintessential office chair. Its dynamic union of ergonomic comfort and modern, functional style is unmatched. Made every day in the U.S.A. Customize one at Herman Miller.
2. 5th Avenue Glacier Park Throw, Pendleton Founded by Thomas Kay in Oregon in 1863, Pendleton has been producing fine woolens in the U.S. for nearly 150 years. The iconic Glacier Park design is sublimely seductive in 100% merino wool. Wrap yourself up in one at Pendleton.
3. Eames Binder, Naked Binder Like its namesake designers, the Eames binder champions design simplicity. Its Neenah Eames graphite-gray paper and board exterior houses 1 or 1.5-inch ring bindings and is Green Seal-certified for the environment. Bound to be found at Naked Binder.
4. CDock for iPhone This handsome, retro dock for iPhone is a true original. Made from natural materials, each dock has its own distinct character, cradling and charging your iPhone while transforming it into a tabletop timepiece. Find one now at Cdock.com.
5. Allen Edmonds Shoes Allen Edmonds has been putting its best feet forward for American-made shoes since 1922. Sourcing the finest materials from around the globe, all of their footwear is handcrafted in their Port Washington, Wisconsin, factory. Additionally, unlike many a modern shoe, all of their footwear is painstakingly welted — the process of joining the upper to the insole without cement — for durability. Step into a pair at Allen Edmonds.
6. Ella Vickers Sailcloth Tote With its impressive strength and unique character, sailcloth is the perfect American fabric. Originally created by America’s Cup first mate Ella Vickers from old sails, these durable totes are still produced from sail industry leftovers. Perfect for your sporty summer fun. Get one at Lands’ End.
Photos: Linked to their sources within text