There is nothing like a product that goes above and beyond. High style, high comfort, high performance — they’re the items that stay with us through thick and thin. Here are six such picks that top our list.
1. Vitamix Blender - Are your smoothies getting a little rough? Is your blender’s “Pulse” a flat line? Move to the top of the food chain with the Indy Car of blenders. In business for 90 years, Vitamix products are individually tested and backed by full warranties and great customer service. Thanks to high-efficiency cooling fans, Vitamix blenders don’t burn — a common failing — so you’ll be well blended for years to come. Mix it up at Vitamix.
2. Specialized S-Works Tarmac Bike - Touted as the lightest and stiffest racing bike around, the SL4 Tarmac is made for high-performance competition. From the tour de neighborhood to the Tour de France, the SL4 handles with pinpoint agility and lighting-fast acceleration thanks to its carbon frame, Shimano D12 components, and Roval Fusée SLX wheels. It’s a world-class set of wheels. Hop on one at Specialized.
3. Mobilegs Crutches, Jeff Weber - Necessity being the mother of invention, Embody Chair designer Jeff Weber‘s broken heel led to the extensive review, assessment, and redesign of the modern crutch. The result is an assisted mobility solution that provides function, agility, and tremendous comfort to the injured. Get a leg up at Mobilegs.
4. Xanadu Surfboards – Named for their designer who started shaping surfboards at 15, Xanadu high-performance boards champion the entry, foils, rockers, and outlines that, with some “good push and a little bit of pocket” (that’s surfer wave lingo), will have you smacking the lip in no time. Drop in to Xanadu for yours.
5. Embody Chair, Bill Stumpf and Jeff Weber - High performance, not high pressure — that’s part of what makes the Embody Chair work so hard for you. By keeping support in place no matter how you move, oxygen and blood flow are stimulated, improving your body’s performance. You stay focused, alert, and energized. Take a test drive at Herman Miller.
6. Fiat 500 Abarth Performance Sports Car – Remember the Fiat commercial with J-Lo driving around “the block”? This is not that car. This is the turbocharged, 160-horsepower, MultiAir engine, bat-out-of-hell Charlie Sheen version. As Mr. Sheen himself might say, “Winning!” See more at Fiatusa.com.
Photos: Linked to their sources within text