Here at Herman Miller the “Everywhere in Your Day” contest is in full swing. Rounding out the first week, we present these six items inspired by today’s contest clue, now awaiting your clever, watchful eye. And don’t forget to enter here — you could win the grand prize of an Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman!
1. China Shop Pattern Pillow - Like Harper’s “Pavement” pattern, “China Shop” was re-issued by Maharam Textiles in 2001. Since then the distinctive patterns have made their way to everything from Eames Wire Chair pads to decorative pillows. Hurry and win yours on auction at eBay.
2. Irving Harper Works on Paper, Michael Maharam - Explore the career and artwork of this living design legend. From his designs for Nelson Associates in the 1950s and 60s to his prolific art and sculpture, Maharam’s comprehensive monograph explores the many sides of Harper’s inspiring career. Get your at Amazon or IndieBound.
3. Nelson Marshmallow Sofa Letterpress Card, Green Bird Press - Green Bird Press honors Harper’s iconic design for George Nelson and Associates with this bright letterpress card on 100lb Pop Tone card stock from The French Paper Company. The perfect way to send a little of Harper design to friends and family. Available from Green Bird Press on Etsy.
4. Nelson Sunburst Clock, Irving Harper - You may forget you were looking for the time whenever you gaze at Harper’s classic clock designs. The unmistakable timepieces were originally produced by Howard Miller (Herman Miller’s son) Clock Company. Now it’s time to get yours from Design Within Reach.
5. Florence by Prolon Melmac - Complete the perfect mid-century modern table with this kitchen classic – the abstract Florence pattern was designed by Harper for George Nelson and Associates and produced as Melmac dishes and serving pieces by Prolon. Get the set from Cattle Dog Modern on Etsy.
6. Nelson Thin Edge Buffet, George Nelson - The Nelson Thin Edge Buffet yields a great deal of style as well as high-efficiency utility. With two adjustable shelves with hinged doors and four deep, soft-close drawers, all exquisitely veneered, it’s a storage solution of the highest caliber. Find it at Herman Miller.
Photos linked within text.