In this week’s “Why Design” series from Herman Miller, Don Chadwick discusses the camera and how it’s helped guide his eye, allowing him to see things differently. Chadwick’s unique view of the world has allowed him to redefine it with design.
His Aeron Chair is the perfect example. It introduced a completely new kind of task seating, eschewing traditional upholstery for form-fitting Pellicle suspension, which cools and focuses while offering unmatched ergonomic comfort and support.
Lifework draws inspiration from Chadwick’s words and work in this week’s Six Ways to Photography and Design.
1. Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home Camera Bag - With immense capacity, this tough-as-nails carry-all-things camera bag is water resistant, has a customizable interior, and is easy on the body. Newbie or pro, you can move your gear into a new $6M home. Get it at Crumpler.
2. Impossible Instant Lab - Bridging the gap between trend-setting and cherished nostalgia is the Impossible Instant Lab for iPhone. Simply attach your iPhone and turn digital images into Polaroid-esque reality. Back this project on Kickstarter.
3. Polaroid GL10 Instant Mobile Printer - Here’s another way to turn pixels tangible. The GL10 connects to your mobile phone via Bluetooth and prints your photos, no ribbons, or cartridges required. Print up to 35 3×4 full-color photos in a single charge. Available from Polaroid.
4. Flipbac Angle Viewfinder - This clever camera accessory helps you capture that tricky angle and avoid body-contortion. Just attach the Flipbac mirrored viewfinder to your digital camera and shoot from a host of striking new angles. Check it out at Flipbac.
5. iPhone Stutter Grip - Get a handle on mobile phone photo and videography literally, with iPhone Stutter Grip. Stutter Grip adds handle and shutter/video button right where you remember it, giving your iPhone that more familiar, SLR feel. Find one at Photojojo.
6. Gorillapod, Joby - A must-have for any on-the-go shutterbug, the Gorillapod’s flexible, multi-pivoting, gripping tripod legs balance, secure, and steady your camera just about anywhere. With eight different configurations to choose from, there’s a Gorillapod for every kind of photographer. Get a grip on one at Joby.
Photos: Linked within the text.