Alright, so it will be a little late (thanks, Mr. Groundhog). But with spring’s inevitable arrival comes the start of sidewalk café season. Welcome the warmth with these six great ways to drink and dine on outdoor design.
1. Beaker-Style Beverage Dispenser - Quench a throng’s thirst with this oversize beaker-style dispenser, perfect for serving up seven quarts of lemonade, sangria, tea, or water. Handmade glass with a natural cork top and silver-tone plated spigot. Get it at CB2.
2. Folding Air-Chair, Jasper Morrison - Jasper Morrison’s fresh take on the folding chair is perfect for café seating. Lightweight and sturdy thanks to its namesake air-molding process, the Air-Chair offers casual comfort and even color. Choose from four shades, all sold in sets of two. Also drains rain thanks to a runoff cut-out in its seat. Find your pair at Herman Miller.
3. Wallter Post Planter, Linda and Max Geiser - Bring your small plants, succulents, and buds up to dining level with these colorful elevated planters. Made from powder-coated spun aluminum and available in four bright tones, they’ll add a flush of flora to your café spread. Choose yours at DesignPublic.
4. Table_One Bistro Outdoor, Konstantin Grcic - There are just a few key elements to a great bistro table, and Grcic’s straightforward design has them all. Its all-weather top comes in both round and square shapes, available on both sitting or standing height pedestals. The coated concrete base guarantees its sturdy stance on windy day. Find it at Herman Miller.
5. Tuuci Hexagon Shade, AlumiTeak - When April showers or the summer sun get too heavy, take refuge beneath Tuuci’s state-of-the-art umbrella. Unlike domed umbrellas, its low-profile hexagon shade shields without obstructing. As an experienced sailor, designer Dougan Clark knew the marine-grade materials that would ensure durability and ease of use. Check it out at Design Within Reach.
6. Stool_One, Konstantin Grcic - With its striking contrast of minimalist design and cantilevered comfort, Konstantin Grcic’s Stool_One is a feast for the eyes and a comfy perch for the rest of you. For a truly chic café stool, choose the black, anodized aluminum finish. A perfect match for the Table_One Bistro. Get them both at Herman Miller.
Photos linked within text.