It’s week three of the Herman Miller “Everywhere in Your Day” contest, and we’re celebrating today’s new clue with a look at six unique design solutions from Yves Béhar.
Be sure to check out the latest clue here for a chance to win an Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman!
1. Ardea Personal Light – Inspired by the graceful necks of Ardea Herons, the energy-efficient Ardea Personal Light offers a flexible illumination source that can brighten every corner of your work or craft space. Find them at Herman Miller.
2. WHOLE WORLD Water – Looking for a way to help the nearly 1 billion people worldwide without access to clean water (and help the environment, too), Yves Béhar and Fuseproject reached out to the hotel industry. WHOLE WORLD Water replaces high-priced bottled water with re-usable bottles filtered on-site. 10% of the proceeds benefit global safe water programs. Learn more at Fuseproject.
3. Jawbone JAMBOX – Gone are the towering speakers that dominated your parents’ living room. Despite its relatively diminutive size, the JAMBOX’s precision drivers and dual passive bass radiators will stir your senses with remarkably clear and full sound. Find them at Jawbone.
4. Sodastream Source – Combining a distinctive design with even greater ease of use, Yves’ Source design for Sodastream dramatically enhances the home soda maker’s beauty and functionality. Choose from white, black, red, or blue. Find them at Sodastream.
5. PayPal Here – This is a new type of swipe, the portable type: the PayPal Here mobile card reader and app. Now businesses of any size can accept credit cards, PayPal, and even checks with an iPhone, iPad, or Android device – wherever you do business. Learn more at PayPal Here.
6. SAYL Chair – Uniting inventive design with low environmental impact, Yves Béhar created the SAYL. Eschewing a traditional back frame the chair allows for a new freedom of movement without any loss of support. Customize with a wide array of colors and materials. Configure yours at Herman Miller.
Photos linked within text.