Yves Béhar has thoughtfully envisioned and realized the future of design through countless products, from shoes to mobile apps to task seating. Celebrating the first featured designer in Herman Miller’s new “Why Design” series (launching today), Lifework presents six items that represent Béhar’s innovative portfolio of design solutions.
1. Issey Miyake VUE – Offering a unique view of time’s coming and going, the VUE’s slatted dial only displays the current hour while the others, past and future, fade from view. Available from All Modern.
2. Sabi Folio Pill Traveler – The Vivacity line of medication management products offers a mix of function, aesthetics, and quality where only low quality existed before. Take this normally mundane task to an efficient, stylish new level by choosing yours at Sabi.
3. Ardea Light - A design tribute to the long-necked Ardea herons, this graceful, flexible light allows you to illuminate your space from every angle. Get the distinctive, energy-efficient Ardea at Herman Miller.
4. Peel Universal Remote – This free iPhone and Android app pairs with Peel Fruit hardware, allowing users to choose shows, search, and review their viewing habits. Available at the Apple Store.
5. Up Wristband – An innovation in health and lifestyle management, the Up wristband and app allow you to track sleeping habits, activity levels, even diet. The comfortable wristband sends data to an intuitive, easy-to-use app interface. Find it at Jawbone.
6. SAYL Chair – Inspired by suspension bridges, the SAYL’s striking, frameless back design provides extensive freedom of movement and comfort without sacrificing support. Light but strong, advanced but affordable. Customize yours at Herman Miller.
Photos: Linked within the text.