Powder-coat finishes have been a part of metal components for some time at Herman Miller. Used on everything from furniture to kitchen utensils, it eliminates VOCs, eases renewal and recycling, and delivers a clean, incredibly even finish. Here’s six designs you’ll find coated in powder.
1. Arrow Hanger, Gustav Hallén Help your hats, jackets, and beach towels find their way to the wall this summer via the Arrow Hanger. Sturdy, precision-milled powder coated aluminum hooks extend and retract to hold just about anything. With five colors to choose from, it’s a nice direction to go in. Get to the point at A+R.
2. Eames Table Outdoor, Charles & Ray Eames Now this four-legged design classic can step out of doors, thanks to a choice of two powder-coat outdoor finishes and four North American quarry marbles. Add a few Aluminum Group Outdoor chairs and it’s a patio party for work or for play. Outfit your outdoors at the Herman Miller Store.
3. Indice Bookends, Hiroaki Watanbe Lay a hand to your books, magazines, and journals with this powder-coated steel, five-hue bookends set. Tabbed at ascending heights, the brightly colored dividers keep your tomes upright and bright. Get them at the MoMA store.
4. Metro Mailbox, Box Design USA Push the envelope of modern mailbox design with the Metro Front-Opening Letterbox. Made from 3mm powder-coated aluminum, it’s waterproof and has an A4 capacity. Plus choose from nine exterior acrylic colors. Find at Box Design USA.
5. 2D3D Letter Holder, Blu Dot Of course, once the mail has arrived, it must be sorted and prioritized. Enter the 2D3D letter holder. The laser-cut, powder-coated design folds out to create a three-tiered letter organizer. Perfect for a desk or a counter, in white, fire-engine red, or gun metal (if you’re feeling dangerous). Sort out one for yourself at Digs Showroom.
6. Array Bookcase, Bruno Rainaldi For the ultimate modern book stack, you can’t beat the tower of tomes the Array bookcase creates. A stylish and unique way to store books, the Array comes in powder-coated orange or silver. Each laser-cut steel shelf can hold up to nine pounds! Perfect for a tight space. Arrange for an Array at CB2.
Photos: Linked to their sources within text