Around the web this week:
1. Kikki K I’ve just come from this lovely Swedish home/office supply store in Sydney’s Strand Arcade. I bought the wooden alphabet stamps…now I just have to figure out where to use them. Where to start: Their excellent Get Organised blog with posts on everything from organizing your home office to organizing recipes.
2. Ke-Zu While I’m in Sydney I’ve been doing the rounds of the design stores. There’s such great stuff here. I forget how vibrant the design scene is. Koskela, Planet Furniture and Chee Soon & Fitzgerald are all worth a visit if you’re in the area. None of them have blogs unfortunately. But you can check out retailer Ke-Zu’s blog. Where to start: Their excellent You-Zu series for interviews with top Australian designers.
3. Le Blog Living Edge is one of my favorite Australian design retailers. They happen to also sell quite a few Herman Miller pieces. Where to start: The 40th birthday present post. That chair looks familiar.
4. Artery Gallery I am a big fan of art in the office. There is something inspiring about working surrounded by other people’s brilliance. Aboriginal art has a graphic quality that always surprises and delights me. It’s not huge in the States which, I think, makes it even more interesting. The great thing about this gallery is they’ve got a good relationship with their artists, the website is well designed, the work isn’t too expensive and and they ship all over the world. Where to start: Check out the sale on right now until July 11.
5. Real Living I know I’ve mentioned these guys before but magazine editor Deb Bibby’s blog for Real Living is addictive. She covers it all – from a ridiculously good chocolate cake recipe to a behind the scene’s posts on putting the magazine together. Where to start: Marie Nichols’ tiny home office.