May 3, 2013
Take a look at what’s on our radar this week.
1. Beautiful photography of modern interiors captured by Michael Wells via Plastolux.
2. This interview with brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec on the Magis Facebook page.
3. Impressed by the launch of the new home decor site Domaine (and glad to see its love for Charles and Ray Eames).
4. Inspired by clue #4 in our “Everywhere in Your Day” contest: “Insane Photos Snapped From Kites” from Architizer.
5. “Brilliant Words of Advice from 14 Great Graphic Designers” (including Charles Eames) via Co.Design.
6. Contemporist’s feature on the simple elegance of Casa Sulla Morella by Studio Cittaarchitettura in Castelnovo di Sotto, Italy.
7. The fluorescent shades of green, yellow, and blue in this sports hall design in the Netherlands by Slangen + Koenis Architects (via Dezeen).
8. “Bold, punchy, in-your-face sculptures” by artist Matt W. Moore featured at It’s Nice That.
9. Interior Design‘s look back at the ”greatest hits” of Maharam, the textile company recently acquired by Herman Miller.
10. Don’t forget: May 5 is the last day to enter for a chance to win in our “Everywhere in Your Day” contest. Click here to find out more.
Featured in photo: Eames Desk Unit, Eames Storage Unit, and Eames Molded Plastic Chair by Charles and Ray Eames
June 19, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand-born Marcia Mihotich is a designer and illustrator based in London. Attracted by the big city and the promise of an exciting job in graphic design, she moved to the UK in the late 1980s, where she eventually opened her own practice. At her live/work studio, she combines clear thinking with a quirky individual aesthetic and collaborates with companies such as Industrial Facility as well as variety of arts-related organizations and people. She is also creative director of the new tea company Rosy Lee Tea London. Other recent projects include the design of a new series of books for The School of Life and Pan Macmillan publishing as well as illustrating Philippa Perry’s book from the series called “How to Stay Sane.” Mihotich is currently working on a large comic story for the British Pavilion at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Find out what inspires her in this tour of her space (starting with that cushy Eames Soft Pad Management Chair).