Balance, Design, Products
September 21, 2012
Here’s what we’ve been reading all week long.
1. The new studio of Don Chadwick, the subject of the latest installment in our “Why Design” series, at donchadwick.com.
2. 10 of the best at the London Design Festival 2012 according to The Guardian.
3. Yves Béhar speaking to Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs at the 100% Design event, also in London.
4. This exploration of mid-century modern design at the library at the University of Colorado Boulder.
5. “The Rise of Coworking Office Spaces” from Harvard Business Review.
6. A look inside the always-hip ACE Hotel Portland at Thisispaper.
7. Liking how this home in Sydney, Australia, by CplusC architects spotlights the Eames Elliptical Table (via Habitus Living).
8. The Ochre Barn by Carl Turner Architects in Norfolk, England, at Inhabitat.
9. “50 Designers Shaping the Future,” including our own Executive Creative Director Ben Watson, from Co.Design.
10. Get a glimpse of our limited-edition Eames Wire Base Low Tables in honor of the 100th anniversary of Ray Eames’ birth at Design Milk.
July 19, 2012
He’s based in Orange County, California, but Jonathan Lo, founder of J3 Productions and the mastermind behind the blog Happy Mundane, spends his weekends at a getaway in the San Diego area. And although the rented beach house is a place to take a break from the busy week, the space still acts as Jonathan’s official “second office.” (After all, who doesn’t have to sneak in some work on a Sunday every once in a while?) Appropriately decorated with pops of aquamarine, the temporary office offers everything a guy on the go needs: just enough room to work, a designated place for a printer, bits of art for inspiration, and easy access to the ocean when break time comes around. Read more