Compelling images with a curious twist
Our products in interesting environs
Bring unparalleled design, form, and function to every room in your home — for less — during Herman Miller’s Summer Sale. Now through June 10, enjoy 15% off the entire collection of solutions for living, working, and playing. Start with these six stylish opportunities.
And don’t forget: right now at Herman Miller, the “Everywhere in Your Day” contest offers a colorful opportunity to learn about great design and maybe even win some for yourself. Check it out now and you could win a SAYL Chair!
Originally designed for children, the always-cheerful Eames Hang-It-All rack is at home wherever adults work and play, too. Here’s how the beloved coat rack by Charles and Ray Eames stacks up in a few home offices and studios (and, of course, in one playroom, too). Read more
There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this recent post by Apartment Therapy Tech exploring a host of shared creative workspaces. “Optimized for collaboration, these studios are proof that collectively we can create something greater than ourselves,” states contributor Chris Perez. “The mix of individuality and expression in these spaces is visceral, inspiring — just looking at them encourages you to create something.” We couldn’t agree more. Here are several that caught our eye. Read more
When she’s not working in midtown Manhattan, book cover designer and lifestyle blogger Anna Dorfman splits her time between two places (and, consequently, two work spaces): one in a small rental apartment in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, and the other in the city of Newburgh in upstate New York, where she’s slowly renovating an 1891 Victorian row house she shares with her husband Evan and two dogs, Bruno and Fritz. (You can see the home’s progress regularly on her blog, Door Sixteen.) Get a glimpse of both home offices (as well as Anna’s growing Eames collection) in this quick tour. Read more
Make holiday shopping easier now through December 10 with our annual Herman Miller Sale, where you can save a storewide 15% on everything from an Aeron Chair to the Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman. Here’s just six of the many favorites on sale now for home, home office, and small business.
1. “What It Was Like to Work for Charles and Ray Eames” at the Atlantic.
2. The tour of Lotta Jansdotter’s Brooklyn studio at decor8.
3. More from Brooklyn: the chic Steele Residence designed by RES4 via Minimalissimo.
4. This compact Garden House in Holland — which would make a striking home-office option — covered by Dwell.
5. 10 Spectacular Herman Miller Chairs, as compiled by Decoist.
6. “The Rise of…the Artisanal Cubicle” from Businessweek.
8. This post on a whimsical set of invisible bookends by designer Paul Cocksedge at Dezeen.
9. The Wired article, “Getting Back to Doing: In Conversation With Industrial Designer Yves Béhar.”
10. The impressive list of sustainable systems included in the Seattle-based Capitol Hill Residence by Balance Associates Architects via Contemporist.
In above photo: Eames Hang-It-All
It’s hard not to smile when you come across a space like this one in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Thoughtfully designed and packed with vibrant color, the small studio apartment — a cozy 335 square feet — includes a collection of vintage and modern lighting, artwork, Soviet-era pottery, and pieces by Charles and Ray Eames, old and new. Take a look to see how its owner, Rustam Babayev, creates harmony in one room that must be all things: workspace, living room, kitchen, and bedroom. Read more
Design can be as playful as it is functional. For kids as well as the kid in all of us, here’s six ways to fill the playroom with fun and design.