February 7, 2013
The work spaces at Chris Barrett Design in Los Angeles, CA, vary — from open, collaborative desktops and vintage seating on the main floor, to the cozy personal office (complete with a plush Eames Soft Pad Executive Chair) of its owner, interior designer Chris Barett. Take a look at this creative studio — a converted warehouse space at the old Santa Monica Studios — in this tour, courtesy of Apartment Therapy Tech. Read more
November 21, 2012
The work of artist and designer Jason Keenan spans an eclectic range of interests and disciplines, from automotive and product design, to painting and illustration, and, at one point, DJ’ing. After 10 years in the automotive industry, Jason founded his own studio to focus not only on design but also his own artistic and inventive explorations. From his aurally-enabled workspace, Jason puts the needle on the records for this week’s Playlist.
Balance, Design, Products
November 9, 2012
Here’s a look at everything we’ve been reading over the past week.
1. The New York Times‘ interview with Hilda Longinotti, George Nelson’s former secretary and oftentimes furniture model (check her out alongside the Nelson Marshmallow Sofa in the article’s featured photo).
2. “A Rare Look at the Eames Office’s Graphic Design” from Co.Design.
3. Wowed by the Thesayboat houseboat designed and owned by Marek Ridky in the Czech Republic, spotted at Design Milk.
4. Could you spend time working in the Cocoon 1 by Micasa Lab? (Via Inhabitat.)
5. The Pandora office in Chicago (full of Eames Aluminum Group Management Chairs, Eames Soft Pad Management Chairs, Mirra Chairs, and more) designed by Eastlake Studio, featured at Inthralld (photo above).
6. Last summer’s LIGHTlab 5.1 installation designed by VAV Architects in Helsinki, Finland, as detailed at CollabCubed.
7. The Best Business Hotels of 2012, according to Wallpaper*.
8. This serene collection of contemporary design photos shot by architectural photographer Hélène Binet featured at NOWNESS.
9. The SAYL Chairs gracefully supporting the Skullcandy office in Zurich, Switzerland, at ArchDaily.
10. This inspiring townhouse in Lisbon, Portugal, with vertical gardens and a rooftop pool — a “unique link with nature” in the middle of a busy city — found at Dezeen.
Photo: Eastlake Studio via Inthralld