December 27, 2012
Throughout 2012, we’ve gotten glimpses inside the home offices of some the most creative professionals around (such as artist Andrew Neyer, who shared his Cincinnati-based workspace, above). Take a look back at a few of our favorites — and stay tuned for more tours, interviews, and inspiration in 2013. Read more
June 19, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand-born Marcia Mihotich is a designer and illustrator based in London. Attracted by the big city and the promise of an exciting job in graphic design, she moved to the UK in the late 1980s, where she eventually opened her own practice. At her live/work studio, she combines clear thinking with a quirky individual aesthetic and collaborates with companies such as Industrial Facility as well as variety of arts-related organizations and people. She is also creative director of the new tea company Rosy Lee Tea London. Other recent projects include the design of a new series of books for The School of Life and Pan Macmillan publishing as well as illustrating Philippa Perry’s book from the series called “How to Stay Sane.” Mihotich is currently working on a large comic story for the British Pavilion at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Find out what inspires her in this tour of her space (starting with that cushy Eames Soft Pad Management Chair).
June 8, 2012
Take a look at a few of our favorite posts from the past week.
1. “How a home work space works best” at The Globe and Mail (featuring a pair of our Setu Chairs, above, in a photo by Barry Calhoun Photography).
2. Chairsmith’s electrifying photos of their recent Eames acquisition.
3. Fashion designer Leyla Piedayesh’s studio, which includes a Magis Chair_One by Konstantin Gricic (via Monoqi)
4. Daniel Kanter’s thoughtful post on his visit to Case Study House No. 8 in L.A. (via Manhattan Nest).
5. On a related note, these watercolor paintings based on the architectural photographs of Julius Shulman in the Los Angeles Times.
6. Could this save the iPad’s “lousy typing”? (via Co.Design).
7. “Kindergarten Design Grows Up: Contemporary Nursery-School Projects” at Architonic.
8. “How to Thank Your Employees in Only 8 Words” from Inc.
9. Apartment Therapy’s roundup of 10 office chairs from their Tech Tours (we spy the best of the best: Mirra, Embody, Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair, Aeron, Eames Soft-Pad Management Chair…)
10. This impressive mid-century-modern collection in the Michigan home of architect Robert C. Metcalf (via AnnArbor.com).
Photo: Barry Calhoun Photography / The Globe and Mail