April 16, 2010
Herman Miller was spotted all over the place this week. We’d love to see what you come across in your travels. Seen any Eames chairs lately? Stumbled across a Yves Behar Leaf Light? George Nelson Swag table anyone? If you’d like to share your finds with us you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or just leave a link in the comments section and I will follow it up.
1. Eames Lounge Chair on Design Hotels’ blog.
2. Totally Severe’s Feral Furniture desktop wallpaper includes a rather angry Eames Lounge.
3. Le Blog posted this painted Eames chair.
4. Where to start on this one! The whole house is packed with Herman Miller gems. It’s always interesting to see how people mix Herman Miller pieces into their homes. Via Twenty First Century Retro.
5. The George Nelson bench included in a Top 5 Classic Pieces roundup on His Name is RobZ.
March 17, 2010
I’m always on the lookout for Herman Miller around the web and in real life I did spot a nicely used Eames Lounge Chair in the Santa Monica Kiehl’s store but didn’t have a camera! If you find anything in your travels send them on.
Los Angeles Times: This home office caught my eye. It ran in the LA Times over the weekend and is the renvoated home of film producer Mark Gill and screenwriter Hanna Weg. That has to be an ottoman for the Eames Lounge Chair poking into the bottom of the frame?
Kicksonfire: Walk the walk. DC Shoes andNorfolk Virginia’s shop CommonWealth have collaborated to create the Gatsby in Eames Black.
Shorpy: Great shot of Alexander and Susan Girard at the Herman Mille showroom in San Francisco.
Mai Nakamura: The work of creative director Mai Nakamura. This poster is aptly named “Voice Your Style”.
Design*Sponge: Grace runs great sneak peaks of people’s homes. The home of Jamie Gray, a graphic design professor at Kansas City Art Institute, has some very nice Herman Miller pieces.