March 29, 2013
Here’s a rundown of what we’ve been reading over the past week.
1. This Charles and Ray Eames-inspired post about creative couples (including former Playlister Jenna Park and husband Mark Sopchak) at the Etsy Blog.
2. The dynamic interior of the JWT office in Amsterdam co-designed by Alrik Koudenburg and RJW Elsinga via Ideas to Steal.
3. Edina Sæther’s short series of color-splash photos of the Chair_One by Konstantin Grcic (via Nordic leaves).
4. A look inside the sketchbooks of 10 terrific creatives at Co.Design.
5. The new (and free) Photo-Lettering App by House Industries spotted at Grain Edit.
6. Nice refresher at freshome: “10 Basic Facts You Should Know About Modular Homes.”
7. Dwell’s listing of its favorite Eames films.
8. The stunning and sculptural Hewlett House by MPR Design Group in Sydney, Australia, covered by URDesign Magazine.
9. These treehouses of reclaimed wood by self-taught Japanese designer Takashi Kobayashi (via designboom).
10. “‘I’m Google’ by Dina Kelberman: A Visual Exploration of Google Image Search” at Colossal.
Featured in photo: Air-Chairs and Air-Tables by Jasper Morrison
September 20, 2012
We were charmed a few weeks ago when we featured Croatia’s Goli Bosi Design Hostel in our weekly Top Ten post — especially by its use of Jasper Morrison’s Magis Air-Chairs and Magis Air-Tables. The space smartly capitalizes on the versatility of Morrison’s lightweight plastic furnishings, using them in a variety of settings, both indoors and out. Here’s a deeper look at the bold, bright hostel (which might just inspire another backpacking trip through Europe). Read more
August 31, 2012
Here’s a glimpse at what we’ve been reading over the last week.
1. The Goli Bosi Design Hostel’s use of Magis Air-Chairs and Magis Air-Tables both indoors and out in Split, Croatia (via Minimalissimo; photo, above, via gollybossy.com).
2. The sun-worshiping Endesa Pavilion designed by the Institue for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia featured at The Fox Is Black.
3. What do you think of Facebook’s new Frank Gehry-designed office extension? (Via Mashable)
4. And how about this Japanese office draped plastic sheeting? (Via Co.Design)
5. “Even In Vacation Season, Office Noises Can Sap Your Concentration” from NPR.
6. Exploring all of the interiors designed by French architectural firm Double G. (found via Morning’s Light).
7. Fast Company‘s look at what successful people do within the first hour of their day (hint: it’s not checking their email).
8. Must-sees at the London Design Festival (starts September 14) per ARTINFO.com.
9. “Why Remote Workers Are More (Yes, More) Engaged” at Harvard Business Review.
10. Northern California’s eco-minded 321 House by Gould Evans, featured at Design Milk, would be the ideal Labor Day weekend getaway. (Enjoy your day off…)
Photo: Goli Bosi Design Hostel / gollybossy.com