January 28, 2013
We’ve written about Herman Miller’s connection to Star Trek before (the sets for the “Star Trek: Enterprise” and “Star Trek: Voyager” TV series both featured Stefano Giovannoni’s futuristic Bombo Stool). But it wasn’t until recently that we discovered that William Shatner — Captain James T. Kirk himself — uses one of our now-classic office chairs in the production of his one-man stage show, “Shatner’s World: We Just Live In It.” Read more
November 23, 2012
Here’s what we’ve been reading throughout this holiday week.
1. The Real Parque Loft in São Paulo by Brazilian architect and designer Diego Revollo, via Design Milk (as is the photo above).
2. The thinking behind the Eames “x-base” at Eames Designs.
3. The use of color in the GMG House by Pedro Gadanho in Portugal via Yatzer.
4. The guest post on a rooftop apartment in Paris (nice Noguchi Table and Eames Molded Plywood Chair) over at sfgirlbybay.
5. This mid-century modern home in Denver shot by David Lauer (whose home office we recently toured) on Plastolux.
6. The open and airy church-turned-loft in the Netherlands featured on ArchDaily (we like those Magis Bombo Stools tucked into the kitchen area).
7. Could these tree tents at Cool Hunting be an interesting outdoor-office option?
8. The cliff-hanging Casa del Acantilado in Alicante, Spain, at Minimalissimo.
9. This public library concept featured at The Fox Is Black.
10. Thisispaper’s look at the serene Case Inlet Retreat in Puget Sound, WA.
Photo: Via Design Milk