September 3, 2012
Your work, craft, and creativity – they’re all fueled by many things, not the least of which is time to relax, recharge, and play. With that in mind, here’s hoping that today’s holiday (at least for those of us in the U.S.) is a productive one.
Above: The “terrace” in Konstantin Grcic’s Munich studio, a spot where he and his team can step outside for a breather and relax in their choice of chairs, from Grcic’s own Chair One and Myto designs to classic Plastic Molded Side Chairs by Charles and Ray Eames.
Photo by: Oliver Mark / Dwell
June 8, 2012
Take a look at a few of our favorite posts from the past week.
1. “How a home work space works best” at The Globe and Mail (featuring a pair of our Setu Chairs, above, in a photo by Barry Calhoun Photography).
2. Chairsmith’s electrifying photos of their recent Eames acquisition.
3. Fashion designer Leyla Piedayesh’s studio, which includes a Magis Chair_One by Konstantin Gricic (via Monoqi)
4. Daniel Kanter’s thoughtful post on his visit to Case Study House No. 8 in L.A. (via Manhattan Nest).
5. On a related note, these watercolor paintings based on the architectural photographs of Julius Shulman in the Los Angeles Times.
6. Could this save the iPad’s “lousy typing”? (via Co.Design).
7. “Kindergarten Design Grows Up: Contemporary Nursery-School Projects” at Architonic.
8. “How to Thank Your Employees in Only 8 Words” from Inc.
9. Apartment Therapy’s roundup of 10 office chairs from their Tech Tours (we spy the best of the best: Mirra, Embody, Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair, Aeron, Eames Soft-Pad Management Chair…)
10. This impressive mid-century-modern collection in the Michigan home of architect Robert C. Metcalf (via AnnArbor.com).
Photo: Barry Calhoun Photography / The Globe and Mail
May 11, 2012
1. California Home + Design’s article on forward-thinking home designs.
2. “A Modernist Dream House in Los Angeles” from The New York Times.
3. Aqua Velvet’s look back at LIFE magazine photos of the home of Charles and Ray Eames circa 1950.
4. This could make an interesting outdoor workspace (via CubeMe).
5. “How to Fake a Clean Home Office in 15 Minutes” at Apartment Therapy
6. Looking forward to New York magazine’s first Design Hunting issue (Via Curbed).
7. Could easily spread projects out and get to work in this space on Ideas to Steal (check out its Magis Chair_One collection).
8. A beautiful apartment space in Melbourne spotted at Design Milk.
9. Inspiring lessons from unconventional entrepreneurs at Co.Exist.
10. Have you stopped by the newly opened Herman Miller Pop-Up Shop in New York City? Hope to see you there…