This year we’re indulging in a double Christmases. Why? Because we’re heading to Sydney to be with family for the real Christmas and I don’t want to take all our presents in a suitcase just to have to pack them and bring them all back to Los Angeles. So, we’re doing Christmas in LA and then Christmas in Sydney. As you can imagine this meant our kids had to write Santa a very detailed letter letting him know exactly where we’d be on the real Christmas day so he’d be able to find us. Hope he does.
And just in case he is reading this blog I wanted to include my wish list:
1. Tiny Chair Necklace These gold necklaces are handmade by Montreal’s Bruxe Design. At $750, the tiny Eames bentwood chair is more expensive than the real thing but I can’t wear that lovely walnut piece around my neck.
3. Themis Mobile by graphic designer and illustrator Clara von Zweigbergk for Artecnica. I was in A+R yesterday looking for last minute Christmas presents and came across this mobile. I love the colors and the simplicity of it. Plus it seems like a bargain at $27.
4. I have coveted the Eames Walnut Stool for longer than I can remember. I thought my 40th might have warranted a splurge but that has come and gone. Maybe Christmas?!
5. A dog. I know it’s not going to happen because our landlord doesn’t allow pets but it doesn’t stop me wishing. I am particularly partial to the Obama’s Portugese Water Dog, Bo (although we’ll probably end up at a shelter).
6. I don’t really want an office chair for Christmas but it is the one thing I actually need! I know my back will thank me for including an Aeron on my list.