We attended the April EcoFocus event in New York where various companies display their new green technology. Here is roundup of eight pieces that caught out eye.
1. Samsung Replenish: At the Sprint table several devices were displayed showing off the new Green ID pack including the new Samsung Replenish.
2. SodaStream: We enjoyed sipping some delicious pear soda from the new Fizz machine from SodaStream. How is SodaStream green? All SodaStream soda makers come with reusable bottles that last up to 3 years! Great for staying hydrated at your desk.
3. HP EliteBook Notebook Computers: These unibody aluminum laptops with built in energy monitoring software cut a sharp figure and reminded us of a more boxy MacBook Pro.
4. The 4th Bin: We’re not going to lie, it was the vintage mobile phone that brought us to The 4th Bin table to learn about their electronic recycling services they offer in NYC.
5. Philips LED Lighting: At Philips we checked out the Imageo CandleLights and the new color changing lights.
6. ThinkEco Modlet: The Modlet by ThinkEco helps you to be aware of your energy consumption by simply plugging your electronics into the Modlet device and using the PC software to track and monitor (Mac software is coming soon).
7. Camileo BW10: In addition to showing off their laptops and mobile monitor, Toshiba also had the new Camileo BW10 on display, a tiny waterproof HD camcorder that records in full 1080p.
8. Pixi Lighting: These LED lights offered quite a soft glow which reminded us of the warm glow of incandescent bulbs.
By Joelle Alcaidinho.
This story appears in partnership with Unplggd, a site for people who embrace technology and design in their home.