In a recent post, I delved into a few ways of uninstalling apps in OS X. Our readers had a few more suggestions, which led us to this roundup of apps to help clean out your programs completely. It makes sense to use an app to remove unwanted programs, to clean them fully off your Mac. Here are the ones we found, thanks to the helpful suggestions of our readers, and a few extra for good measure.
1. AppCleaner The latest version of AppCleaner is free to use, but you’re encouraged to donate something to the developers. It works with OS X 10.4 and later and using it is pretty straightforward. You simply drag and drop the app you want to delete and AppCleaner takes care of the rest.
2. AppZapper AppZapper works in a similar way as AppCleaner. You drag and drop the unwanted app and AppCleaner will delete it for you. AppCleaner costs $12.95 to purchase, but you can try it out for free.
3. AppDelete AppDelete costs $7.95 for new users and is another solution if you want to delete your apps. Just like the previous apps, it’s simple to use.
4. Amnesia This app is shareware and will cost you $19.95 to buy, but it will also delete all the apps that you need.
5. TrashMe This app was created by JibApps and the latest version was just released in December. It uses a simple drag and drop procedure to rid you of unwanted apps.
This story appears in partnership with Unplggd, a site for people who embrace technology and design in their home.