March 1, 2013
Get a look at what we’ve been reading about this week.
1. The inspiring South Yarra Pool House in Victoria, Australia, featured on Contemporist.
2. “The 12 Trends That Will Rule Products in 2013” by Co.Design.
3. This infographic on 29 Ways To Be Creative at DesignTAXI.
4. How do you feel about Yahoo’s move to end work-from-home arrangements for its employees? (Via The Wall Street Journal.)
5. A look at architecture in movies via Architizer.
6. The exhibit on Louis Kahn — one of the 20th century’s most influential, and lesser-known, architects — featured at The Guardian.
7. Tommaso Sartori’s haunting photos of furnishings in a concrete-constructed modern home at Plastolux.
8. Minimalissimo’s peek inside photographer Nicholas Alan Cope’s upcoming book “Whitewash,” which explores the minimalist urban architecture of Los Angeles in black and white.
9. The U Hostel in Madrid (via Ideas to Steal) makes it tempting to consider backpacking around Europe again.
10. The thoughtful details in the Buenos Aires home of architect and chef Marcia Krygier at FvF.
Featured in photo: Paso Doble Chair Outdoor; Eames Wire Base Low Table Outdoor; Nelson Pedestal Table Outdoor
August 17, 2012
Take a look at what’s been on our radar this week.
1. CNN asks: “Are cool offices the key to success?” (How would you answer?)
2. 25 Things About Yves Behar on All Things D.
3. Learning how to achieve healthy separation between your home office and your home at openforum.com.
4. “The Link Between Quietness and Productivity” at Fast Company.
5. We have some good ideas on how to fill the Tannga House by Guz Architects featured at Design Milk…
6. “How To Design A Home Workspace For Two” from Forbes.
7. The Washington Post‘s look inside the office space of the National Gallery of Art’s senior curator and chief of design Mark Leithauser.
8. And on a related note, this quick tour of David Byrne’s workspace at Co.Design.
9. A job coach’s advice on finding ways to stop missing out on life for work from Inc.
10. This light-filled home in Hamburg on Ideas to Steal (a good place to do a little Eames spotting).