Where we’ve been this week…
1. Dezeen for its coverage of Casa Puglia, architect Peter Pichler’s amazing update of a 14th century house in Southern Italy. And yes, those red stools pictured below in the home’s new kitchen are by Konstantin Grcic for Magis and we will be selling them come September.
2. LA Weekly for their story on John Lautner. He would have been 100 years old tomorrow.
3. Design Observer for Lorraine Wild’s piece on Sister Corita – an amazing artist and friend of the Eameses. Her posters will grace my new home office – once we get it finished! My grandparents lived in Los Angeles when she was exhibiting her work in the ’60s and I grew up with the print below in our family room. It’s good to have found her again.
4. The New Design Smell is a new online magazine with an odd name, vaguely annoying flashing blue graphics but some interesting stories. It’s heartening to see a new design magazine throwing its hat in the ring.
6. MGB Architecture for this lovely backyard studio (below).
7. The House that Kat and Fred Built for lots of interiors inspiration.
8. The Travel Files. Can you tell I’m gunning for a holiday! Take a break from your work day and check out this site. Amazing places to stay all around the world – including the Moka & Vanille in Belgium (below).
9. Ecofabulous house on eBay because the bidding ends today.
10. Time magazine’s ‘Photos’ for the slideshow of Philip Johnson’s Glass House.