Balance, Design, Products, Technology
July 22, 2011
Where we’ve been this week…
1. AIA’s Architect Barbie’s House Competition. Yes, that is a home office complete with an Eames Lounge Chair (above).
2. Rupert Murdoch and the “pie” incident. I was amazed by two things here – how quickly Murdoch’s wife Wendy Deng literally jumped to her husband’s defense and how good the Eames Aluminum Group Chairs look in that deep green!
3. Beyond the Cubicle by Allison Arieff. Arieff’s article includes an interview with our very own Lifework contributors – artist Rebecca Niederlander and architect Iris Anna Regn.
4. Web Design Ledger for their post on excellent iPad Apps. Check out the Awesome Note HD as a good organizing tool (below).
5. Seed Walker for Parneet Gosal’s piece tracking 5 emerging trends on Google+ – which has acquired more than 10 million users.
6. Coudal Partners for their link to these amazing 1960s Japanese office spaces (above). Herman Miller abounds!
7. The Journal of Dustin Heerkens for its beautifully-presented content covering design, art, hotels and food in East Asia (below). My next vacation spot may just have to be the Waterhouse.
8. Grain & Gram for raising up our work lives to an elegant art. I love the piece on butcher Ben Runkle.
9. Fox Johnston Architecture. These two Australian architects do amazing work and this website is a testament to their careful eye. I can see working away on my laptop from this sofa.
10. DWR’s Design Notes for their post on a cool little Vipp Bin trashcan icon to replace the wire basket that now sits on your desktop.