Where we’ve been this week…
1. Unplggd for Gregory Han’s piece on the late Steve Jobs, the man behind Apple and so many of the tools that inform our work.
2. The Juggle - a Wall Street Journal blog on juggling work and the rest of our lives. Writer Rachel Emma Silverman reminds us of a quote from Jobs’ Stanford commencement speech. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”
3. Design*Sponge for drawing our attention to these elegant desktop organizers by designers Farrah Sit and Dana D’Amico (below).
4. Plastolux for the post on an Eames Aluminum Group shoot (below).
6. Materialicious for their mobile homes collection. Perfect little backyard studios for every taste.
7. Design Attractor for some beautiful interior inspiration, including this workspace below.
9. Yatzer for their look inside the home of designer Dieter Rams (below).
10. And lastly Parkeharrison for the Architect’s Brother shots. Weird and wonderful images.