Every Friday, we scour the Web to present our weekly picks for the ten best articles published by design-minded sites, blogs, and magazines. During this final full week of 2012, however, we’re taking a look at the top ten posts that inspired us, challenged us, and kept us thinking all year long. Enjoy — and see you back here next Friday with our first list for the new year.
1. A must-see: “The Handmade Process Behind Your Eames Chair,” an insightful video taken in our manufacturing facility by Co.Design.
2. The launch of the George Nelson Foundation’s new website, created by Hello Design, at georgenelsonfoundation.org.
3. Yves Béhar’s keynote speech on why designers should love the design process via 99U.
4. Dwell’s Q&A about authentic design with Marj Mojzak, Herman Miller’s Director of Retail.
5. “Ray’s Displays: The Thoughtful Displays of Ray Eames” at the Archives of American Art blog.
6. The New York Times‘ interview with Hilda Longinotti, George Nelson’s former secretary and oftentimes furniture model (check her out alongside the Nelson Marshmallow Sofa in the article’s featured photo).
7. “The Wit and Wisdom of Alexander Girard” from Metropolis Magazine.
8. The can’t-be-missed photos in “LIFE With Charles and Ray Eames: The Simple Art of Beauty” at life.time.com.
9. This insightful interview at Mr. Porter with Jason Cohn, writer and co-director of Eames: The Architect and the Painter.