June 8, 2012
Take a look at a few of our favorite posts from the past week.
1. “How a home work space works best” at The Globe and Mail (featuring a pair of our Setu Chairs, above, in a photo by Barry Calhoun Photography).
2. Chairsmith’s electrifying photos of their recent Eames acquisition.
3. Fashion designer Leyla Piedayesh’s studio, which includes a Magis Chair_One by Konstantin Gricic (via Monoqi)
4. Daniel Kanter’s thoughtful post on his visit to Case Study House No. 8 in L.A. (via Manhattan Nest).
5. On a related note, these watercolor paintings based on the architectural photographs of Julius Shulman in the Los Angeles Times.
6. Could this save the iPad’s “lousy typing”? (via Co.Design).
7. “Kindergarten Design Grows Up: Contemporary Nursery-School Projects” at Architonic.
8. “How to Thank Your Employees in Only 8 Words” from Inc.
9. Apartment Therapy’s roundup of 10 office chairs from their Tech Tours (we spy the best of the best: Mirra, Embody, Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair, Aeron, Eames Soft-Pad Management Chair…)
10. This impressive mid-century-modern collection in the Michigan home of architect Robert C. Metcalf (via AnnArbor.com).
Photo: Barry Calhoun Photography / The Globe and Mail
Submit a Comment
We welcome your comments on this moderated blog. We invite you to participate respectfully in the conversation that interests you—on topics from design to our products to what makes the world a better place for all of us.