Balance, Design, Trends
September 7, 2012
A look at some interesting finds on the web this week.
1. What’s the perfect Bohemian interiors furniture accent? Eames Molded Plastic Chairs, says Bohemian Treehouse.
2. Your daily transit is in the cards with Norman Ibarra’s repurposed Metrodeck playing cards. (Via Core77)
3. Jägnefält Milton takes rail transit and city planning down a completely new track.
4. Tour the Portland-inspired Midori.so, a new green (sustainable and covered in ivy), co-workspace in Shibuya, Tokyo. (Via Spoon & Tamago)
5. Dwell’s Olivia Martin considers the individuality of designer Ray Eames.
6. Fast Company profiles Herman Miller’s sleek and strong AGL Table Group, designed by Leon Ransmeier.
7. Ease into your weekend with David Garland’s look into the musical equivalent of mid-20th century modern design, on WNYC.
8. Arnold Newman’s portraits offer us an intimate look into the lives of Charles Eames and other artists. (Via WSJ)
9. Check out these light and lively workspaces for kids on Apartment Therapy.
10. Photographer Shawn Clover seamlessly merges present day San Francisco with its well-shaken 1906 ancestor on Colossal.
Featured in the above photo: Eames Molded Plastic Armchairs and Eames Molded Plastic Side Chairs
Submit a Comment
We welcome your comments on this moderated blog. We invite you to participate respectfully in the conversation that interests you—on topics from design to our products to what makes the world a better place for all of us.