October 12, 2012
Take a look at what we’ve been bookmarking this week.
1. “Design Q&A with Charles Eames,” a short film from 1972, featured on Network Awesome.
2. A full tour of Jonathan Lo’s Solana Beach, CA, rental home at Old Brand New.
3. The Design and Architecture Crossword from the New York Times and Design Within Reach. (Here’s a hint for 95 Across.)
4. Speaking of married couples who design together (another hint for the crossword above), check out Design Is One, the documentary on Lella and Massimo Vignelli opening October 18 (via Very Short List).
5. The idea-filled chat about home offices with organizer Kacy Paide from the Washington Post.
6. Curbed’s look at the transformation of an NYC loft to accommodate a collection of Eames furniture.
7. 10 of Architizer’s favorite workspaces, including the Obscura Digital HQ in San Francisco, featuring our Setu Chairs (in the photo above).
8. This quick 1955 telegram from Alexander Girard to industrialist J. Irwin Miller at Documenting Modern Living.
9. Jaunted’s history lesson on Eames Tandem Sling Seating in airports.
10. The playfully inspiring design of this floating dreamscape made from hundreds of kites featured at Co.Design.
Photo: Obscura Digital / Architizer
Submit a Comment
We welcome your comments on this moderated blog. We invite you to participate respectfully in the conversation that interests you—on topics from design to our products to what makes the world a better place for all of us.