1. “How ‘Playboy’ Magazine Helped Make Eames and Mies Famous” at Co.Design.
2. Architzer’s roundup of homes inspired by Southern California modernism.
3. A look at the latest crop of designer hostels at Wallpaper*.
4. This article on “container urbanism” at Design Observer.
5. “Homemade,” a clean-cut, single-family residence by London-based design studio Bureau de Change at designboom.
6. Alan Friedman’s astonishing HD photos of the sun shot from his own backyard, via Colossal.
9. The Windows of New York illustration project spotted by swissmiss.
10. Caught on to the “Harlem Shake” meme that’s sweeping the Internet? If anything, it’s giving us an interesting and unexpected look into a few workspaces across the globe, like this one from College Humor (check out all those Aerons), this studio in London with a pair of Mirra Chairs, and this one of AOL/HuffPost and its Eames Molded Plywood Coffee Table.