Here’s what we’ve been viewing this week.
1. A quick tour inside the Ray Eames exhibit at the California Museum in Sacramento via Esoteric Survey.
2. Le Prado, a warm, welcoming home near the beaches of Marseilles, France, spotted by Design Milk.
3. More from Marseilles, this time from Contemporist: the simple and elegant Vieux Port Pavilion by Foster + Partners.
5. A surprising house design by Aires Mateus in Leiria, Portugal, found at I Need a Guide.
6. The Makoko Floating School project by NLÉ architects at designboom.
7. Remodelista’s roundup of “smart and skinny” houses in Japan.
9. This chat with David Calvin Laufer, who presents interviews with George Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, and Buckminster Fuller, among others, in his book Dialogues with Creative Legends and Aha Moments in a Designer’s Career (via Peachpit).
10. The renovated LeRoy Neiman Center at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Be sure to check out its interesting combo of Eames designs and colorful Caper chairs. (Via Retail Design Blog.)