I’m excited to share our first Unplggd post. On Tuesdays and Thursdays Lifework will be swapping stories with the team over at Apartment Therapy‘s Unplggd. They cover technology in a smart accessible way that I think you will really appreciate.
“Watch yourselves, green addicts, this one might make your heart stop. While we recently fell in love with Corky, the scrolling, clicking, and movement-powered mouse made from cork, there’s plenty more out there in the sea of cork gizmos and credenza mashups. Who said you couldn’t be cool going green?
1) Corky is a mouse powered by your movements rather than batteries. Unfortunately, looks like Corky is just a concept, but we can only hope that after the Greener Gadgets conference this wireless mouse, made from recycled cork and plastic, makes it to a store near you.
2) For those of you looking for an eco-conscious gadget and like their tech accessories to be made of sustainable materials, the JAVOedge’s 3G Cork iPhone Case seems to fit quite nicely.
3) Grab a fancy surge protector covered in cork seen at the Dutch design fair in Eindhoven.
4) Repurpose a media credenza and have it double as a place to put down movie lists, other productive things you should be doing – that sorta stuff.
5) Turn your cork into a USB drive. Or er… buy it for $51.
6) Use it as a laptop case (we probably suggest keeping hot laptops out of this one). Available for Macbook Pros 13-15-inches.
7) Or turn it into a laptop stand! Genius idea from the team at eGenius.”
This story appears in partnership with Unplggd, a site for people who embrace technology and design in their home.