Attracting and Engaging the Green Generation
Research shows that 77 percent of Generation Y workers are employed by a small or medium business. Members of this generation (also known as Millennials) have made abundantly clear that sustainability plays a key role in the products they buy, the beliefs they hold, and the companies they work for. What can small and medium businesses be doing to attract and retain workers of this up-and-coming generation?
A report by Johnson Controls indicates that Gen Y'ers want evidence their company is doing more than the bare minimum for the sake of green:
- 96% said they want an "environmentally aware or friendly workplace"
- 57% said they want their employers to perform well above minimum compliance
- 70.3% want access to recycling bins
- 47.4% want water-saving devices
- 71.6% want to share office printers
- 47% want solar panels on site
What's our contribution to a better world? Learn about our goal to reach a zero operational footprint by 2020 and how we’re 88 percent of the way there.