Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED or NECESSARY to enter or win. You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States or Canada to be eligible to win (Residents of the province of Quebec are not eligible for participation in this promotion). Employees (their families and members of their household) of Herman Miller, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and authorized dealer network are NOT eligible to participate.
2. TO ENTER: Beginning on July 20, 2011, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") and until 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 7, 2011, Herman Miller, Inc. will accept photograph entries received online via the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. There is no limit on entries per person, email address, or firm. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account. The drawing will take place at Herman Miller, Inc. on or about August 9, 2011, at 9:00 a.m. EDT. Each entrant hereby represents and warrants that the entrant has the legal right to submit the photograph and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Herman Miller, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and authorized dealer network from any and all liability associated with the information submitted by the entrant. All entries become the property of Herman Miller, Inc. and will not be returned to the entrant. Void where prohibited by law or regulation. Herman Miller, In. is not responsible for any incorrect, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or other unacceptable entries or for any computer, Internet, or other technical problem during submission of an entry.
3. USE OF ENTRANT INFORMATION. Unless respondent "opts in", Herman Miller, Inc., may not use the entrant's information for general solicitation, marketing, or other promotional activities in connection with the products manufactured by Herman Miller, Inc., and the services and products provided by its authorized dealer network. Entrant may "opt out" of the use of any of the information it submits hereunder by providing a written notice to: Ruth_Ann_Visser@hermanmiller.com.
4. RANDOM DRAWING. One (1) prize-winner will be selected via random electronic drawing from all eligible entries received during the applicable period. The prize-winner will each receive one (1) Herman Miller work chair (http://www.hermanmiller.com/Products/Seating) of their choice. Winners will be notified by Herman Miller via email at the address provided by the entrant. If a prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable by email or if an entrant fails to accept or acknowledge the prize notification letter within five (5) business days of the sending date, it will result in disqualification and the prize will be awarded to another entrant. Herman Miller, Inc. will conduct a new random drawing thereby selecting an Alternate Winner, and the corresponding prize will be awarded to the Alternate Winner. This process shall continue until either all prizes have been awarded or no valid entries remain. Herman Miller's decisions in all matters relating to or arising out of the drawing are final. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries. The prize-winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, and the reporting consequence thereof, if any.
Prize will be shipped within approximately four-six (4-6) weeks after the date on the prize notification letter to the delivery address Winner designates as reported to Herman Miller, Inc. Two (2) delivery attempts will be made for which Herman Miller, Inc. will bear the cost. If a Winner has not received prize within six (6) weeks of the date on the prize notification letter, Winner may contact Ruth Ann Visser, 616 654 3473, Herman Miller, Inc. to determine status of delivery. If a prize is undeliverable for any reason whatsoever, the Winner must contact Herman Miller, Inc. to arrange for redelivery at Winner's expense within two (2) weeks of the last delivery attempt, or forfeit the prize. If, after two weeks from the date on the prize notification letter, a Winner cannot be located, contacted, or fails to arrange for redelivery of a prize, that Winner forfeits the prize. In case of forfeiture, an Alternate Winner will be selected by the process described above.
5. LIABILITY / WARRANTY / RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. By entering this Promotion, all entrants agree that all prizes are awarded upon the express condition that Herman Miller, Inc. and its respective agencies or employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Promotion, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. Winners acknowledge that Herman Miller, Inc. and its agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations, guarantees, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness, or merchantability of any aspects of the prizes. Herman Miller, Inc. expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes, or otherwise unforeseen circumstances, and Herman Miller, Inc.'s decision will be final. Herman Miller, Inc. expressly reserves the right to change or alter Rules at any time.
6. GOVERNING LAW. This Herman Miller drawing shall be governed by, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. Any action, dispute, claim, or suit arising out of or in connection with this sweepstakes, the prizes awarded hereunder, or the information submitted shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the county of Ottawa, State of Michigan. This drawing is void where prohibited.
7. WINNERS LIST. To receive a copy of the Winner's List (available after August 9, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to to: Ruth Ann Visser, Insight and Exploration Team, Herman Miller, Inc., 855 East Main Avenue, PO Box 302, Zeeland, Michigan 49464 USA. Please specify "Community Area Photograph Collection."