Last Update: August 26, 2014
1. Contact Information
Herman Miller, Inc.
855 East Main Ave.
Zeeland, MI 49464
Subject: "Contact Us Form: Customer Service"
Phone: 888 443 4357
Fax: 616 654 3085
Personal Data Management Contact
Contact Name: Robert Richardson
Subject: "Contact Us Form: Personal Data Management"
You can also Contact us regarding the HermanMiller.com website.
3. Description of Services Offered
Herman Miller, Inc., provides HermanMiller.com and Customer Websites as a service to its dealers, suppliers, retailers, and customers. Customer Websites are designed to enhance relationships and support business processes between Herman Miller, Inc., and our dealers, customer influencers, suppliers, and customers. Not all products are available in all markets.
4. Acceptance of Terms
Herman Miller, Inc., has the exclusive right to control accessibility, hours of use, features on the site, and any other information found on the site. Herman Miller, Inc., can restrict access to any or all portions of the site or remove any information or content from the site at any time. Herman Miller, Inc., reserves the right to terminate this site at any time without prior notice.
User is solely responsible for providing the equipment related to accessing the site, including all computer, remote communications equipment, telephone, or other equipment.
5. Copyrights and Trademarks
Herman Miller, Inc., or its third party content providers own and shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property of this site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the "look and feel" of the site, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyright in and to its original content. You should assume that everything you read or see on the site is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Herman Miller, Inc., or a third party who licensed the right to use such content to Herman Miller, Inc. Unless otherwise expressly noted, nothing that you read or see on the site may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed, or performed for commercial use without the prior written consent of Herman Miller, Inc.
6. Authorized Uses
Herman Miller, Inc., grants the user a limited right to make the following uses of its copyrighted information from the site. ("Authorized Uses") You may reproduce the site content solely for your personal, noncommercial, educational, and informational use, and only if you keep such reproduced content intact with proper attribution and display of the copyright notice. Architects and designers may download and use the photo gallery portion of this site in connection with bids or requests for proposals for the sale by us and our authorized dealers of our furniture and products to end user customers, for internal training and for seminars. Thus, you may download or print site content, provided you do so for an Authorized use and provided you do not delete or change any of the information, including copyright and trademark notices. No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, license, transfer, sell, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify any of the site content.
Media should contact Corporate Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to use the copyrighted information.
Authorized Use is not a transfer of title, and under this permission you may not:
- (a) Alter the site content in any way;
- (b) Use the site content for any public display (commercial or noncommercial) or for any purpose other than for Authorized Use;
- (c) Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- (d) Transfer the site content to another person, "frame" or "in-line link" the site content, "deep link" to the site content, or "mirror" the site content on any other server (Refer to our Linking page for related information);
- (e) Copy or modify, redistribute, republish, upload, adapt, or reuse any of the text, graphics, or other site content, or any of the source code or HTML code Herman Miller, Inc., uses to generate its website except as a part of an Authorized Use without prior written permission; or engage in any other conduct that violates the Copyright Act.
Authorized Use terminates automatically without notice if you breach any of this Agreement or any applicable law. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed site content.
7. Prohibited Conduct
User expressly agrees to refrain from doing, either personally or through an agent, any of the following:
- (a) Use any device or other means to harvest information about other Users.
- (b) Transmit, install, upload, or otherwise transfer any virus, program, process, advertisement, communication, or other item to the site or related servers and networks.
- (c) Post any material on the site that is offensive to any other User. Herman Miller, Inc., maintains the exclusive right to determine what is offensive.
- (d) Post or store on the site any content that violates or infringes the intellectual property rights of others (including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents and publicity rights).
- (e) Modify the information found on the website.
- (f) Engage in any action that Herman Miller, Inc., determines is detrimental to the use and enjoyment of the website.
- (g) Use the website for any unlawful or defamatory means.
- (h) Transmit, install, upload, post, or otherwise transfer any information in violation of the laws of the United States, or post any information that could result in civil unrest.
- (i) The site content should not be used in territories where the sale of products to which the content relates is not permitted.
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Although HERMAN MILLER, INC., has attempted to provide accurate information on the site, the Company makes no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of that information and assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions therein. USER ACCESSES THIS SITE AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. NEITHER HERMAN MILLER, INC., NOR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS RESULTING FROM USE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THIS DISCLAIMER IS APPLICABLE TO ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE OR OMISSION OF HERMAN MILLER, INC., COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER SIMILAR ITEM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS ERRORS, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF USER INFORMATION THROUGH THEFT OR ANY OTHER MEANS. HERMAN MILLER, INC., IS NOT LIABLE FOR CRIMINAL, TORTIOUS, OR NEGLIGENT ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHICH AFFECT THIS SITE.
IN NO EVENT WILL HERMAN MILLER, INC., OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, ASSIGNS, OR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY TORTIOUS OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS.
IN NO EVENT WILL HERMAN MILLER, INC., OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR ASSIGNS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, HARDWARE, OR OTHER PROPERTY OF USER OR PERSONAL INJURY WHICH ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE.
9. Third-Party Content
Herman Miller, Inc., is not the publisher or speaker of any information on the site that is provided by third-party content providers, and Herman Miller, Inc., is not liable for any claims related to such information. Any mention in the site of products or services provided by third parties is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation by Herman Miller, Inc. Herman Miller, Inc., assumes no responsibility for those products or services. Any dealings among any User and any third parties mentioned on or found through the site are solely between such Users and such third parties, and are subject to any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings.
HERMAN MILLER, INC., MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OF THE ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON A LINK LOCATED ON THIS SITE THAT ALLOWS USERS TO ACCESS INFORMATION FOUND ON ANOTHER SITE. ADDITIONALLY, HERMAN MILLER, INC., DOES NOT WARRANT THE EXISTENCE OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SITE, WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK LOCATED ON THIS SITE.
Notwithstanding, Herman Miller, Inc., has licensed the use of certain files from CHI-LLC, made available on HermanMiller.com to enhance Users' website experiences. These files include Z-Viewer files. Any product support that is provided for these files will be provided by Herman Miller, Inc., and not by CHI-LLC. These files are the intellectual property of CHI-LLC and are licensed, and not sold, to Herman Miller, Inc., User agrees that the terms of this Agreement concerning the use of material protected by copyright and all other intellectual property laws shall apply to the intellectual property of CHI-LLC. User also agrees not to reverse-engineer any material owned by CHI-LLC.
10. Product Information
Most products displayed on the Herman Miller, Inc., website are available while supplies last, and Herman Miller, Inc., cannot guarantee that any product displayed on the website is available at the time it is displayed. In some cases, products may not be available at particular stores or in particular locations.
User agrees to defend, indemnify, and otherwise hold harmless Herman Miller, Inc., and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and assigns from and against any cause of action or claim, including legal fees, related to User's use of the site.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the site. Herman Miller, Inc., will investigate occurrences of possible violations and will cooperate with all applicable law-enforcement authorities in prosecuting violators. Users are required to enter a user name and password to access secured extranets. In order to protect against unauthorized access to your account, it is recommended that you close the browser when you have finished using the site.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the site, including, but not limited to:
- (a) Gaining unauthorized access to any portion, feature, or services offered by or through HermanMiller.com, or any related systems, servers, or networks connected to the site by hacking, password "mining", or any other unauthorized means;
- (b) Scanning or testing the vulnerability of the site or a system, server, or network connected to the site;
- (c) Breaching the security or authentication measures on the site or any network connected to the site;
- (d) Performing reverse look-ups or tracing any information, personal or otherwise, of any other User, User's account, HermanMiller.com, Herman Miller, Inc., or otherwise exploit any service or information made available by or through the site. Users may obtain their own personal information obtained by Herman Miller, Inc., according to the terms of this Agreement;
- (e) Taking any action that unreasonably or disproportionately burdens the HermanMiller.com site's infrastructure, related systems, servers, or networks;
- (f) Using any device, software, or other method to interfere or attempt to interfere with the normal performance, transactions conducted, or with any other person's use of HermanMiller.com.
13. Termination of Agreement
Either Herman Miller, Inc., or User may terminate this Agreement at its discretion. In addition to Herman Miller, Inc.'s, other rights, Herman Miller, Inc., may terminate access to this site or cancel membership to any service that Herman Miller, Inc., provides on the site, if User breaches this Agreement in any way or engages in conduct that Herman Miller, Inc., deems inappropriate. In the event of termination of this Agreement, the provisions in this paragraph and the provisions found in paragraphs 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 shall survive.
Links included at HermanMiller.com are provided for the use and convenience of the visitor. The appearance of a link on any page of this site does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Herman Miller, nor should a link be in any way interpreted to imply that the site referenced has any relationship with Herman Miller.
Herman Miller, Inc., does not generally object to links to HermanMiller.com from third-party sites. Herman Miller, Inc., does not, however, allow websites that use frames to link to any page on this site without prior written permission. You may not use any Herman Miller, Inc., names, logos, designs, trademarks, or service marks in or with your links unless Herman Miller, Inc., has entered into a specific written agreement with you to do so. As a rule, Herman Miller, Inc., prefers that third-party sites link to the home/first page of HermanMiller.com.
15. Copyright Enforcement
Herman Miller, Inc., honors the intellectual property rights of others and asks the same of Users of the site. Herman Miller, Inc., may, in its sole discretion, terminate the accounts or access rights of Users whose actions infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been infringed, please provide Herman Miller, Inc., with the following information:
- (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Herman Miller, Inc., to identify the material;
- (d) Information that is reasonably sufficient to permit Herman Miller, Inc., to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- (e) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in a manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Herman Miller, Inc., can be contacted at the above address under the Contact Information section.
17. Privacy Statements
Information Collection: Information you Provide Us
Herman Miller, Inc. employs one or more outside companies to perform functions on our behalf, including billing you for our goods and services, processing credit card orders, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, and providing customer service. Herman Miller, Inc. only shares the information that is necessary with these companies to perform these functions. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, rent, sell or exchange personally identifiable information for any other purpose. These companies are required by Herman Miller, Inc., to comply with our high standards of security.
We may, from time to time, share your personal information within the Herman Miller family, including corporate affiliates of Herman Miller, Inc. If Herman Miller, Inc. acquires, is acquired by, or merges with another entity, Herman Miller, Inc. may share your personally identifiable information with our new corporate affiliates. Otherwise, we do not rent, sell, or exchange personally identifiable information about you to unaffiliated companies for commercial purposes, except as required by law or with your consent. We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to qualified Herman Miller employees. We gather only the visitor information that is needed to administer our business and enhance and improve our websites.
Information Collection: Automatic Retrieval of Information
Herman Miller, Inc., uses certain electronic tools to capture the type of browser and operating system being used. This information is only for use by Herman Miller, Inc., to understand User behavior, which helps to improve site quality and functionality.
Information Collection: Cookies
18. Contact Information for Web Hosting Services
Herman Miller, Inc., hosts HermanMiller.com, Customer Websites, Dealer Websites, and Supplier Websites internally. If you have any questions about HermanMiller.com or Customer, Dealer, and Supplier Websites regarding the practice of this site, privacy statement, or conduct, you may reach us by using the above contact information.