From an ergonomics standpoint, Celle follows the lead of our Aeron and Mirra work chairs, with five ergonomics issues integral to the design of all three:
- Size and fit. Anthropometric data from CAESAR (Civilian American and European Surface Anthropometry Resource) and other sources was used to ensure that the chair fits many different body shapes and sizes.
- Pelvic stabilisation. The Celle backrest has our integrated, passive PostureFit contour.
- Kinematics. Our proven Harmonic tilt mechanism was applied to Celle.
- Pressure distribution. Throughout Celle’s development process, we used our pressure-mapping capabilities to inform the design of the cellular size, flex regions and contouring.
- Thermal comfort. Special temperature sensors, called thermocouples, were used to evaluate upholstery options and inform textile selection.
Best of NeoCon, Innovation Award for the Celle chair.2005Best of NeoCon, Innovation Award for the Celle chair.