- In Milan, Herman Miller Presents “For You Everyone,”—an exhibition to introduce the revolutionary new seating line, Cosm, by Studio 7.516 April 2018
- Remembering Max De Pree (1924 – 2017)9 August 2017
- Keyn Chair Group from Herman Miller is honoured by The Furniture Makers’ Company28 June 2017
- Herman Miller’s excellence in manufacturing recognised by The Furniture Makers’ Company28 June 2017
- Herman Miller introduces Atlas Office Landscape, bringing imagination and intelligence to space planning.24 April 2017
- Milan 2017 Press Kit4 April 2017
- Herman Miller Launches New Aeron® Chair20 October 2016
- Nelson™ Bubble Lamps added to Herman Miller Collection7 September 2016
- Herman Miller Introduces Keyn, Bringing Responsive Comfort to Seating24 May 2016
- Locale from Herman Miller Wins Gold iF Design Award29 February 2016
Herman Miller named to 2017 Working Mother "100 Best Companies" for leadership in family benefits.
Herman Miller selected for inclusion in the 2016 RobecoSAM Sustainability Yearbook for twelfth consecutive year.
Herman Miller’s Locale wins 2016 Gold iF Design Award, which recognises outstanding achievements in design around the world.
CBS's Cubert receives international Red Dot Award for product design.
Wireframe Sofa Group receives Design Guild Mark from The Furniture Makers’ Company.
Herman Miller’s Locale awarded Gold in the Office & Productivity category of the 2014 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) competition.
Herman Miller named Best Large Showroom in IIDA/Contract Magazine Showroom and Booth Design Competition at NeoCon 2014.
Nemschoff Palisade Collection awarded Silver in the Healthcare: Guest/Lounge Seating category of the Best of NeoCon 2014 competition.
Kivo receives Good Design Australia award in the Furniture and Lighting category.
Herman Miller achieves tenth consecutive listing on Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Herman Miller was a West Michigan businessman who helped his son-in-law, D.J. De Pree, buy the Michigan Star Furniture Company in 1923. De Pree had been working at the company, which opened in 1905, since he was hired in 1909 as a clerk. De Pree knew his father-in-law was a man of integrity, so he decided to rename the company after him.
By the middle of the 20th century, the name Herman Miller had become synonymous with “modern” furniture. Working with legendary designers George Nelson and Charles and Ray Eames, the company produced pieces that would become classics of industrial design.
Since then, we’ve collaborated with some of the most outstanding designers in the world, including Alexander Girard, Isamu Noguchi, Robert Propst, Bill Stumpf, Don Chadwick, Ayse Birsel, Studio 7.5, Yves Béhar, Doug Ball and many talented others.
Today, in addition to our classic pieces and new designs for the home, Herman Miller is a recognised innovator in contemporary interior furnishings, solutions for healthcare environments and related technologies and services. A publicly held company headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, we have manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Italy and the United Kingdom and sales offices, dealers, licensees and customers in over 100 countries.
We operate through several focused businesses, brands and distribution channels, including Herman Miller, Herman Miller Healthcare, Nemschoff, Geiger International and independently owned dealerships. All of them work to design and build a better world around you.