Case Study: A healthcare system plans for resilience
Watch a video showing how one healthcare system saved time and money during a move by using Herman Miller modular casegoods and reusing existing product.
A non-profit health system with thousands of healthcare facilities across the US recognized the need for agility in their facility strategy. Deeply committed to environmental and financial stewardship, the organization sought out ways to make their burgeoning portfolio of facilities more efficient, effective, and agile. They were looking to reduce costs through economies of scale and wanted facilities that could respond to the constant changes and disruptions that happen as patient and organizational needs shift and new technologies, treatments, and processes are integrated.
What to look for in a partner
The healthcare system chose Herman Miller and their dealer network because they have all the capabilities needed to create a resilient facilities strategy:
- Experienced professionals who rigorously research and understand the specific requirements of healthcare environments and act as valuable guides throughout the process
- A solid operational foundation that includes strong design, comprehensive product offering, quality manufacturing, and reliable delivery and installation
- A future-focused process to plan for an uncertain future—a process that begins at the outset of facility planning and enables flexibility, reconfigurability, adaptability
- National coordination and communication and local partnering to deliver day-to-day service and ongoing improvements
Peace of mind
Because they did the foundational work of establishing an adaptive standards program with an experienced partner, the customer created resilient facilities that benefit the organization by:
- Saving money
- Streamlining planning
- Keeping products out of the landfill
- Providing continuity of care by reducing downtime
- Reinforcing their brand
- Ensuring the ongoing relevance of their facilities
If you plan ahead and put all adaptive building blocks in place, like this customer did, you too can have resilient facilities.